Ten Key Opportunities (Tips) To Selling Your Home Quickly!
1) Price Your Home Right! Your home must be priced at market value for Calgary, your community and street. This is the most important tip of all. If you don’t do this your home will sit on the market and become an old listing, buyers will become suspicious and think there is something wrong with the property. Your Realtor has the responsibility to prepare you a detailed Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) of your home, so you know the market value range of your home. The List Price has to be accounted for when doing the CMA.
2) Choose a Listing REALTOR that will get the job done & energize you the Seller to complete these key Tips. I understand that it is not always possible to do every tip. For example if you have tenants it can be a challenge to sell your property. You may want to wait until tenants have moved out! Or market the property to Investors/Landlords that want to buy a property with a paying tenant!
3) Property Presentation is a Must. The properties that sell quickly are staged, de-cluttered, and cleaned ready for selling. Inside and out!
4) Online Marketing Works. Your Realtor must have an online presence and know how to do online marketing to attract buyers. Google, social media, Kijiji, websites, Facebook, Realtor.ca and many more online tools.
5) Professional Photographs. How do you get buyers to come to your property? Make sure the photographs have been done professionally and are shown on as many websites as possible. The property need exposure.
6) Property Repairs. The seller should not put off repairs & maintenance jobs that need to be done for selling. Such as ceiling stains, loose door handles, painting where required. Renovations may be necessary. But be careful, are you going to get your money back? Discuss with your Realtor any expensive renovations to determine if it makes financial sense.
7) Negotiating with Buyers. When an Offer comes in ensure you look at all offers and you are reasonable and negotiate in “good faith”. Be sensible when Home inspection comes back with issues that the seller should have sorted out. Price reduction may be necessary to close the deal if there are repair issues, such as roof repairs!
8) Seller must allow showings! Sellers need to allow their REALTOR to make appointments and not continually turn away buyers. This can be stressful for sellers but if the house is not shown to buyers it will not sell.
9) Remove Pets & People. Pets should be removed for all showings. Buyers are put off property very quickly when pets are in the house. Seller ideally should not be at home.
10) No bad smells! Here are the worst sort of smells that put off buyers: cigarette smell, pet urine smell, spicy food smells, smelly/moldy carpets and smelly basements.
Finally, Listen to Your REALTOR. Selling your property can be stressful. However if you follow these tips and listen to your Realtor then the job of selling you home can be done in an efficient way and you can move onto your next home. The selling process does need the Seller and the Listing Realtor to work together as a “Team” so things are not forgotten and Selling Your Home is achieved.
Thinking of selling your Calgary Home or Condo please check out these links:
We are here to help you Sell Your Calgary Home with less stress!
Geoff Antrum (403 608 5682) Matt Antrum (403 608 5684) at CIR REALTY.